Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fort Sill Bike Race Pictures

Here's a few more pictures from the bike race.


My fan club!! 20 members of my unit came out on a Sunday morning to see me race and to see the first bike race they have ever seen live. Unless I can manage to organize a race in Iraq, it will probably be the last one they will see. Our race was nine miles out and nine back. So they got to see the start and the finish. Not exactly NFL football for a fan experience.


Before the start. The racer in the middle is a Med-Evac Blackhawk pilot in our unit. She raced on the one speed and finished ahead of about of a third of the field--and they had gears. Before going on active duty for deployment, she and her boyfriend rode from Portland, Oregon, to Buffalo, New York. She's a strong rider.


Two of the dispatch clerks made a sign for me. It is on display now in our motor pool.

5 comments:

  1. Dude!

    Were you at Fort Irwin, Cal., in 1976 with the 1/64th Armor? I was there with the 1/18th Inf, dude! One of my best buds, Sgt. Chuck Fraga, was in the 1/64th.

    Emily Kelley, Fort Sill PAO type, sent me your blog and I saw your 1976 photo and it sent me back in time, dude!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at Fort Carson 75-6, then with 4th Inf armor unit in Wiesbaden FRG from 76-9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nvrmnd I scrolled down and found out you finished third, not bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best sign ever. You'd better put it up in your office when you get back to CHF!

    ReplyDelete

Advocating for Ukraine in Washington DC, Part 1

  Yesterday and Today I joined hundreds of advocates for Ukraine to advocate for funding to support the fight against the Russian invasion i...